A few words about me, with my experience,
education and skills listed below.
I'm a highly motivated business graduate, eager to learn and to explore new opportunities. Currently I live in Japan teaching English, while learning Japanese as a third language - the second being French, in which I have full working proficiency. I am also a self-taught freelance graphic designer, with experience ranging from illustration to UI and sometimes even extending to web design (this website, for example!).
I'm looking for challenging work in which I can use my knowledge of languages, business and design.
JET Programme UK | 2019-present
Taught English at Chuo High School, Ibaraki, as well as two other visit schools (only one starting September 2020, by request of Chuo). Responsibilities included:
- Planning curriculum and lessons for classes of varying levels across three different schools.
- Acting as the primary teacher for every lesson, working alongside Japanese Teachers of English to provide a well-rounded learning experience in both English and Japanese.
- Running an after-school English conversation club for students who wanted to pass the Eiken English test, required for entry into certain universities.
- Creating a responsive website for students to revise from during the April 2020 quarantine.
Freelance Graphic Designer
Self-employed | 2017-present
Experience in branding, UI and illustration. Projects include:
Visit the portfolio tab for more.
- Transflux: Launch Edition; a deck of cards funded by over 150% on Kickstarter.
- Branding, illustrations and UI/UX for AimDroid, an unreleased aim trainer by Team Liquid’s Chap.
- Various logos and illustrations for kids’ YouTuber PrestonPlayz.
University of Exeter
BA Business and Management with proficiency in advanced French | 2015-2019
Class II Division I
Exeter Entrepreneurs Society
6th Form | 2013-2015
A-Levels: English (A*), Maths (B) Physics (B)
AS-Levels: Design & Technology (B)
Royal Grammar School, Guildford
Secondary School | 2008-2013
GCSEs: 8 A*s, 2 As
Other Qualifications: Additional Maths (A)
- English (native)
- French (full working proficiency)
- Japanese (elementary)
- Adobe CC (Illustrator, Photoshop, XD)
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Google Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Web Design (HTML/CSS, WordPress, Bootstrap)
- Other Tools (Slack, Trello, Dropbox etc.)
- Guitar (Acoustic, Bass)
- Windsurfing (RYA level 3)